Forum

Go Back   FreestyleMTX - #1 in FMX > Off Topic - Misc.

Old July 27th, 2015, 04:34 PM   #1
motodorkjen

FMX rider romancen novel

So romance novels are a guilty pleasure of mine, and I stumbled across a synopsis of one featuring an FMX rider called Flame. It's cracking me up because the description is so cliche and over-the-top.
Quote:
I’m soaring.

After years of hard work and determination, I am exactly where I want to be in life. As the top ranked Freestyle Motocross rider in the world, I have more money than I could ever dream of spending and gorgeous women throwing themselves at me in every city I land. I have everything I could ever want.

Everything except her.

While in Breckenridge for my best friend’s wedding, I was introduced to Dakota Shavell, a friend of the bride-to-be, and from the moment our blue gazes met, sparks flew.

What I initially intended to be a single steamy night together turned into a scorching two week road trip to New Orleans with a sassy-mouthed blonde. Being between her legs gave me a bigger adrenaline rush than I’d ever gotten from flying through the air while straddling a bike.

It was supposed to just be fun, a good time. I planned to walk away unchanged.

But it was more. Feelings I never intended to have got involved, and I’ll never be the same.

Yet, I still walked away.

Except now I’m injured and my outlook has changed. Priorities have become clear.

And I’m going back to reclaim her…to show her that together we can make the fire between us burst into flames.
I also found a "trailer" for the book, and it looks like the author stole video footage since it's clearly different riders in the clips and she used a celebrity's photo for the love interest.
motodorkjen is offline   Reply With Quote