Forum

Go Back   FreestyleMTX - #1 in FMX > FreestyleMTX General

Old May 25th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #1
SKINNY

Espn "fmx" Blog

So what happened to the FMX blog?? It was bloody brilliant once upon a time and now its about rally cars and rubbish..

Sometimes there is a random fmx related addition which is about a week old..

Where's Leyba!
SKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #2
BTP

Ha, I came straight over here from EXPN to complain about that. You beat me too it! I hate sifting through all the crap. If you look at the BMX and Skate blogs they stay within their sport and are pretty good. I dont know why FMX cannot seem to stay the same way.
BTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #3
3ripleT

I am not sure, but Leyba is out for a while. I was writing some stuff for them 1-2 years ago...

Help us to get www.forty8.com even bigger and send news, images and videos about FMX themes to "info@forty8.com"

Also support the www.smoothness.de FMX Sequence Magazine.

I really appreciate. Cheers Toby
3ripleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Cossey257

God, there is so much rally crap on there. Why don't they just have a separate section for rally? I don't care about it, and I'm sure a lot of people are the same way.
Cossey257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #5
AparkedCar

I think alot of it has to do with say brian deegan or someone from FMX being mentioned or featured in it. I guess they think that will increase there site traffic even if it's something irrelevant to our sport and probably not a whole lot of people care about.
AparkedCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #6

When the Action Sports division moved from New York to LA, Ryan choose not to go with it. It would't have matter, it would still have changed. ESPN is owned by Disney and unfortunately for us...is in the business of making money!!! You guys got to understand, it is a business and EVERYONE in life needs to make money.

Me and Parsons were talking about this early today....

The cost of the sport we love is catching up with us, BMX, Surf, and Skate is drastically cheaper to partake in and that makes it more encouraged by parents and the reality of how easy it to practice skating or BMX is funner for kids.

So we can't compete with the numbers involved and in-turn probably the ratings/dovated fan base. I bet you if you ran the numbers...you would be shocked.

I am not happy with it...believe me, ESPN pays their contributors well and I feel lucky to get to throw up the odd article but at the end of the day we should just be thankful FMX is at X and involved in anyway because that is what pays most of the guys bills....getting a blog spot 1 or 2 a year is not the make or break come contract year. Back to ESPN/Disney...if numbers don't look like money then they will just clip it...that is how big companies work. Nothing personal....so if it goes down to 1 FMX article a week...oh well...be thankful!

With that being said...the industry and riders need to come together and support deals like www.forty8.com, Smoothness, FMXnews.com etc....

Because believe me, none of us get rich off this stuff. We do it for all the right reasons...."for rider. by riders."

Last edited by 939; May 25th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #7
jg21

When did rally get so damn big here? Last i checked driving around in a little compact car didn't exactly put you on top of the cool list. Might as well put nascar in X games...
jg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg21 View Post
When did rally get so damn big here? Last i checked driving around in a little compact car didn't exactly put you on top of the cool list. Might as well put nascar in X games...
Pastrana and Block.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #9
jg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 939 View Post
Pastrana and Block.
It's still compact car racing that's boring as hell. At least make it trophy truck racing. Might as well get rid of bmx dirt for some stupid skate rail jam while they are at it... oh wait already happened.
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg21 View Post
It's still compact car racing that's boring as hell. At least make it trophy truck racing. Might as well get rid of bmx dirt for some stupid skate rail jam while they are at it... oh wait already happened.
Don't get me wrong..... don't think I have ever watched Rally. I am not a fan of it. And I will never understand why BMX Dirt is gone.....that blows my mind!!!! The Big Air Rail......meh.
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #11
SurefirE

Sponsors run the show, without them they rely on fundraisers and donations...So when a sponsor pushes certian athletes or sports, ESPN lets the money talk and with all the biggest stars in our sport all ''retired'' or moved on to other things, the big sponors follow suite or find another face and design them a special format to ''win'' with extensive coverage.
I also think FMX has progressed so much that it is losing touch with the average joe so much so that it's now intimidating.
SurefirE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #12
jg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurefirE View Post
I also think FMX has progressed so much that it is losing touch with the average joe so much so that it's now intimidating.
So much truth in this statement. The reason i got into what im doing now was because i seen guys like metz and deegan doing trick and thinking heck yeah i can do that! Thats what i want to do! I feel sorry for the new kids buying dirt bikes then watching X games and seeing a guy doing a 720, double flip or even a damn rock solid backflip... yeah probably going to stay in school now! haha