Forum

Go Back   FreestyleMTX - #1 in FMX > Blogs > Chris Elliott's Blog

Canadian FMX Blogger
Rate this Entry

Poor ME....I am a pro.

Posted August 9th, 2009 at 09:30 PM by 939
Updated August 9th, 2009 at 09:32 PM by 939
Poor Me, I am a PRO!

So I am sitting here on a Sunday thinking F***!!! I have to go to work tomorrow and start the new work week. I have a good job, sometimes it gets stressful but it pays the bills and buys mx tires.

Before I tell you whats on my mind tonight I want to make this clear- I respect pro MX and FMX riders 110%. I know having to come up with new tricks, risk their lives, training, travel, photoshoots, being a part from love ones and entertaining can get stressful. Riding dirtbikes is their job!!! That's how they pay bills.

What pisses me off- *and it's not just pro motocycle riders*, is when all pro athletes drop the line... "I needed sometime off, the sport I love was becoming to be a job to me, not fun" Okay, these guy take some time of then... What do they do? Well,I think when pros take time off to relax and make riding fun again they should work a month of physical labour or a 9 to 5 desk job. "Riding is a becoming to be a job" Give me a break, waking up at 5am and going to lay asphalt in the 105 degree California sun is a job. Riding your dirtbike for a living is a blessing!!!!!!!!!!! Injuries and that is the risks of riding suck, but last time I checked people are injured and killed everyday doing all sorts of random things on the job. I dont wake up on Monday and say, "Damnit..gotta go to the airport, stupid X-fighters in Texas. I wake up Monday at 6am, put on my work boots, go to work, come home, watch some TV, check FreestyleMTX, get some sleep, and then do it all again. But you know what, that how I put gas in my dirtbike and come Saturday it is all worth it cause I ride.

I love firing up that bike in the crisp morning air, the smell of 2 stroke exhaust, I love cracking the throttle and jumping in and out of the first timing section of the day. I LOVE RIDING!!! I usually only ride my bike on weekends because of that thing we normal am riders call jobs(call me a "weekend warrior" I guess). But that smile does not leave my face ti'll Sunday night around 10pm. Because that when I usually sit there and think F***!!! I have to go to work tomorrow and start the new work week.

So boys I am hear to tell you buck up!!! You are living the dream. A dream most of us on this site have. I can honestly tell you my worst day on a bike has been better then any day of work. And yes.....I have broken bones and taken ambulance rides!!!!

Cheers,
Posted in Blogs.
Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 2

Comments

Old
Then make it your job, no one is stopping you. The only limitations are the ones your putting on yourself mentally. There are pros and cons to riding and regular jobs, I'm not going to try and explain them. I just want you to answer what is the real reason you have settled for a job you hate?
Posted October 9th, 2009 at 07:35 PM by EastCoastRep EastCoastRep is offline
Old
I don't have the resources or the talent to pull that off, I hope you don't think I thought guys like you have it easy...I am a huge fan of your whole FMX East deal and follow you guys...I realize its a grind with the stress of no secure $$$ flow, my point is guys like you wouldnt trade that for anything and would probably be pumped to have the sponsors and opportunities some of the others guys have.....at the time I wrote that I was bummed on guys rolling around in Escalades and Range Rovers complaining. And it was not just FMX and MXers...its pro athletes in general..

Cheers,

Recent Blog Entries by 939