PDA

View Full Version : bikes still in the crate... CHEAP!

BTP
January 6th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Just thought id let everyone who wants a new bike about a killer deal i stumbled upon! a guy in Washington state by the name of Marcus Dahl buys bikes from dealerships around him and in canada and sells them for really cheap. i got my 2003 crf for 5,500$ + 100$ shipping. i think the suggested retail on one of those bikes is 6,300! i was a little nervous sending the guy the money order b4 i got my bike but everything worked out great. i had to clear the bike through customs and they were giving me the run-around so i called the guy on his cell phone and he said somthingto the customs people and they looked at me and go "we're sorry sir please sign here" and that was it :confused:
he can get almost any bike or quad for considerably cheaper and you even get to take you bike out of the crate!! that is the coolest thing ever.

Marcus Dahl 360-201-5819

if you call him please tell him that sloan hulsey told you about it on freestylemtx.com!

with that said i have a 2000 cr125 thats for sale for 2500. new piston, rings cylinder and head all with less than an hour on them.

crustyfmx250
January 6th, 2003, 08:53 AM
no offence, but the way youve worded that, it sounds just like one of those pyramid scheme emails :D

yike
January 6th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Something does sound a little dodgy with that deal

BTP
January 6th, 2003, 09:49 AM
maybe i should go into advertising!:D nah that dude was just really cool and i just wanted to help him out and any of you out who want a new bike. oh and sorry for putting it in the wrong forum

LBZ69er
January 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM
Send me a free Honda dude

BTP
January 6th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Something does sound a little dodgy with that deal

dude it's not my deal. i dont get aything out of it, i just wanted him to know i was a satisfied customer. i just figured some people on here were propably looking at buying a bike and this would save them some money.

kelsey wiltzen
January 6th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I don't think its a scam cuz i live close to canada and you can save tons of money by buying a bike in canada, i've heard of alot of people around here doing it, and you don't even have to pay a tax to bring it into the U.S. Its not just with bikes either, people do it with cars and lots of other stuff. send me some bucks and i'll go buy you a bike in canada

moto_xer125
January 6th, 2003, 01:53 PM
i bought my bike in canada. When i bought my 01 i got it there too. 03 yz125 cost me $4100. I had to pay taxes though so it was about $4500, i sent in a bunch of forms so i should get the $400 back in a couple months. Customs was no prob. signed some papers for about 15 minutes and left. Getting a title is a ##### though. you have to bring like, 3 bill of sales (from your state) for them to sign when you buy your bike.

edit: i pretty much have to go around for buying a bike in canada, so pm me if anyone has any questions,

CA_Rider
January 6th, 2003, 02:36 PM
can someone please tell me how much a XR 50 would cost new if bought in Canada? i've been looking around here but there all too expensive for just a little play bike.

thanks,
matt

moto_xer125
January 6th, 2003, 03:35 PM
when i went to calgary in september i tried to get a 50 when i bought my 125. i couldn't find one close enough but everyone was pretty much asking the same price of about $1050 americian Which is what i payed here. i've seen someone in CA selling them for $900. that's the cheapest i've ever seen.

FMXproblemchild
January 6th, 2003, 04:26 PM
hey wanna find out how much an 02 or 01 cr 125 would cost if i shipped it to san diego...just an idea..its an awesome deal on ur bike maybe ill end up with a new bike...thnx alot man

HAzE1313
January 6th, 2003, 06:12 PM
he also has a website....
www.motorcycle-brokers.com

same guy i think?

FMXproblemchild
January 7th, 2003, 09:04 PM
i hope thats the rite guy if not i hope he has a website....id rather scope on his site before i call him...i wanna be completely serious before i do anything....

Slimbo
January 8th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Well boys, to me it sounds like somone is selling bikes still in the crates for cheap, whodathunkin?

Fuzzy
January 11th, 2003, 12:38 PM
with that said i have a 2000 cr125 thats for sale for 2500. new piston, rings cylinder and head all with less than an hour on them. [/B][/QUOTE] email me with some specifics about the bike, i am at speed45@mail.com

robbomx
January 23rd, 2003, 05:36 AM
$5 says he is a drug lord from cuba and you just blew his cover and now he is doing 20yrs.

Brennan4
January 23rd, 2003, 08:04 PM
hahahha but that is awsome about buying them in canada

durrty
February 22nd, 2003, 06:50 PM
motobrokers is a good deal if you live close to seattle WA otherwise the shipping is really expensive and takes 2-3 weeks

yzl337
February 23rd, 2003, 09:50 PM
well...the website makes it look a little more legit, but the first description made me think "ah, stolen bike fence" considering my local shop just got ripped for about 12 bikes still in the crates a couple months ago, another shop in MD lost 6-7 crated bikes right afterwards