PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Romaniacs 2008

Platza
September 1st, 2008, 09:48 AM
this year from 13th to 17th of september.
http://www.redbullromaniacs.com/2008-edition/

watch the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb7R0fKoN_Y

i like enduro events like erzberg, romaniacs, last man standing etc. cause i like to ride enduro and freeriding. is anyone else doing enduro riding next to fmx and track riding?

Astars#327
September 5th, 2008, 04:58 AM
yeah did full circle, jumped bmx then got into freestyle mx, had alot of injurys no one to jump with and general over it at the level i want. been doing a few local enduro races on a borrowed 2007 525 exc and also doing some enduro type racing on my norco MTB. so i got me a 2009exc300 now, love it. having alot more fun riding it than hitting the ramp too.

what you got for enduro?

Platza
September 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
we ride from our houses to the south direction maribor in slovenia. otherwise we ride in the woods to graz. we always find new trails or sick places to ride. we also have some gravel pits next to our houses to play around a little pit. in the winter time we built our own racing track with some little jumps on a field near our place.
or we went to hungary stop at a field owned by a friend of us and drive around. this place has 300 acres so there is enough place to ride around.
somtimes we also compete enduro races here in austria.

Astars#327
September 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
looks awsome, i normally load my bikes into a van or ute and travel to forestrys, about 15 within 3hr drive more if i want a change. what bike you using?

Platza
September 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
most of us ridin ktm 250 exc, one is using a ktm 200 exc, then a 300 exc. we also have a ktm 125 sx, a yzf 250f, a kawa 250f and the big ktm 520f. when we went for a ride with 10 bikes its real fun.

SurefirE
September 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Enduro is everything but it is so much bigger overseas than here in the state. We have our hare scrabbles and bajas but you guys seem to have these elaborate, grueling coures designed that only a hand full of guys finnish.n It really puts in perspective: how much do you love riding and how tuff or just plain nasty are you.

Nothing like being physicaly tapped 30 miles from civilization with th sun going down. gotta make it happen.

Platza
September 16th, 2008, 01:28 PM
we have also some normal enduro races most riders can finish. those races are real coll cause you ride four ours round a track in the woods and fields. there are also some tracks round some mx tracks for training.

check the first romaniacs vids: YouTube - Red Bull Romaniacs 2008 Prologue