PDA

View Full Version : Bmx Chain question

Spunker
July 29th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Hi how can i tighten my chain on my bmx cous its slaps on the frame when i jump.

I also looking for a good site where much things like how to put on spokes on a rim ect ect, so that i can do all that stuff by my selve.

[dragon]
July 29th, 2004, 07:12 AM
If you have chain tesioners, try to turn them up a little, thus tightening the chain. If you dont (i.e you just have the back wheel that's bolted on with nothing extra), loosen the bolts a little as if to take the back wheel off, and pull the back wheel back a bit, so it tightens your chain. Then tighten the bolts back up, making sure that your back wheel is in the centre of the stays :D (and that your brakes dont rub.)

84GUY125500
July 30th, 2004, 04:13 PM
you guys ride with brakes?? we always take em off cuz they break.

YZdRtRyDr125
July 30th, 2004, 06:09 PM
or if you tried the back wheel moving and its still too loose you can take a link out with a chain breaker.

thumperfmx
July 30th, 2004, 06:16 PM
tighten up your loose spot in ur chain, and then ull have a tight chain when it hits your tight spot, i got my chain really really tight so my cranks dont move when i do no foot cans and stuff

YZdRtRyDr125
July 30th, 2004, 07:09 PM
if you have tight and loose spots in your chain that means the sprocket is bent:p

[dragon]
July 30th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I always ride with brakes. It's deathly not to! (especially going down big hills that have like 100 intersections.)

I run my chain tight as hell too. So much easier to take the feet off and have the confidence to get em back on. But at the same time, it makes it harder to pedal :(.

thumperfmx
July 30th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by YZdRtRyDr125
if you have tight and loose spots in your chain that means the sprocket is bent:p yeah i know its bent, i just cant be botherd buying a new one

YZdRtRyDr125
July 31st, 2004, 09:01 AM
same..im too cheap to buy a new one even though if i just get one more chain link i can put a good one on for free.

motoxxxer
July 31st, 2004, 06:56 PM
as a guide your chain should move about 10mm both ways (up and down) at the tightest point on your chain

and i ride with brakes cause u never know when your gonna have to stop in a hurry for a scooter kid, and also for some tricks, tailtaps, 360 tailtaps, fufanus, fakies that kinda stuff